I am here today with a quick list of some of the things I’ve been loving this fall. I won’t go into much detail because I’m pressed for time today but I do think everything on this list is great!
- Musicals! I am loving Hamilton and Finding Neverland. The cast recordings are phenomenal so check them out if you haven’t yet.
- Netflix! This fall I binged on How To Get Away With Murder and Jessica Jones and Broadchurch season 2.
- Books! Read the Robert Galbraith mysteries starting with The Cuckoo’s Calling and Uprooted by Naomi Novik.
- Movies! The Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition is wonderful!
- I don’t have a fifth category! I just like lists of five.
Bye! ( I know, I know, I’ve been away for too long again!)
It has been a long time since I’ve posted on this blog! I could say that I’ve been too busy for blogging, and that would be partly true, but mostly I just needed a break for a while. But now I’m back with some favorites from the year so far.
1. Movie: Whiplash. Oh my goodness, if you haven’t seen this movie then you need to. LIKE RIGHT NOW! The story of a young jazz drummer at an elite music school and the terrifying teacher who torments him might not sound that interesting to everyone, but believe me, it is amazing. JK Simmons, who you probably know from Juno or those Allstate commercials, is perfection and has the Oscar to prove it. The movie, which meditates on greatness and whether or not it is worth the sacrifice, has one of the best closing scenes I have seen in a long time.
2. TV: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: This is a Netflix original series from Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, creators of 30 Rock, and is just plain awesome. Kimmy Schimdt (played by Ellie Kemper of the Office and Bridesmaids) has just been rescued from an underground cult where she has been held captive by a crazy “reverend” for 15 years and now has to start her life over. Filled with hilarious supporting characters such as Kimmy’s roommate Titus, landlady Lillian, and boss Jaqueline, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt shows that it’s never to late to start over.
3. Food: Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea: Simply put, this is the best tea I’ve ever had. I drink mine with a teaspoon of honey and it is delightful.
That’s all for now. I’m not certain how often I will be posting on this blog but I will keep at it.